San Miguel de Allende

San Miguel de Allende
Roof rainbow...San Miguel de Allende, Mexico

Saturday, August 2, 2014

INDIAN SUMMER RITUAL

I was born in Indian Summer,
by the sea, at sun set-

I slid from my mother's womb,
face to the sea-

I felt a dolphin leap
from the sea for joy-

I cried in agony because
I was naked, cold, beached-

It was Indian summer
and the clouds were purple-

It was Indian Summer
and Venus glowed in the West-

It was Indian Summer
and the moon rose, a ripe, gold melon-

It was Indian Summer
and fire was in the ascendant-

It was Indian Summer
and I danced and danced with dolphins

all the first night of my birth,
until the eagle's cry brought the sun-

It was Indian Summer,
light wolves and dark wolves howled through the day-

It was Indian Summer
and a snake shed its skin.

Then, and only then, was I properly
human. 


**To the children of Palestine, may
we remember to be human.

Alma Luz Villanueva (c)
From my book, 'DESIRE.' 



No comments:

Post a Comment